Homework for Class 4 is detailed below. Further details are in the Homework section of this website.
- Mathletics is set weekly on a Friday and needs to be completed by the following Thursday.
- Multiplication and divsion facts to 12x12 should be practised regularly and routinely - ideally every day if your child is not yet secure on all facts. You can use http://www.timestables.me.uk/ as a quick and easy way to select and practise these.
- Everyday maths can be practised at home in a range of ways: asking your child to help measure or weigh things when cooking and doing DIY; asking your child to help with paying and getting change in the shop; talking about distances on road journeys etc.
- Reading, both alone or with an adult, should be a minimum of three 15-minute sessions per week. Please note that even fluent readers benefit greatly from reading with an adult as this provides opportunities to check understanding and to clarify the meaning of new vocabulary. Please record these in your child's reading record.
- Spelling should be for three 15-minute sessions per week using Spellodrome.
- Extended homework projects are set once or twice per term.