Week 3 of Summer Term
Activities for this week are as follows:
- Read a book and record how much you have read in your reading record. Books are available from school so you can change your reading book if you need a new one. If you want a challenge, write a book review, rewrite the ending of the book, or halfway through write down how you think the book will end.
- Mathletics (subtraction)
- Maths quick recall – doubles, halves, multiplication and division
- Spellings. Practice the common exception words and try writing them in a sentence.
- Phonics (Year 1) This week is the ee family.
Tasks of the Day
There will be two activities to be complete every day. One will be maths and the other one could be English, Science, History, Geography, Art, RE or Computers. They will be put on the web site every day by 11am you’ll be able to watch my video explaining what you need to do.
Task of the Week
This is a piece of work that you can work on throughout the week. It’s like a mini extended homework that requires a range of skills, such as research, drawing, writing and ICT.
Draw a picture of someone who lived or worked in a castle and write about what they did.
For this you will need to:
- Watch the PowerPoint which tells you about some of the people who lived in a castle.
- For more information on different people go to
- Choose a person you would like to write about.
- Draw a picture of the person and write about what they did in a castle. If you want to find out more information, ask an adult to help you use a computer to find out more.
- For a challenge answer these questions:-
- Do people still do this job now? Why?
- Would you like to have done this job? Why?
Task of the week Message
Monday Tasks Message
Tuesday Tasks Message
Wednesday Tasks Message
Thursday Tasks of the Day and preview of next week