Week 4 of Summer Term
Activities for this week are as follows:
- Read a book and record how much you have read in your reading record. Books are available from school so you can change your reading book if you need a new one. If you want a challenge, write a book review, rewrite the ending of the book, or halfway through write down how you think the book will end.
- Maths quick recall – doubles, halves, multiplication and division
- Spellings. Practice the common exception words and try writing them in a sentence.
- Phonics (Year 1) This week is the igh family.
Tasks of the Day
There will be two activities to be complete every day. One will be maths and the other one could be English, Science, History, Geography, Art, RE or Computers. They will be put on the web site every day by 11am you’ll be able to watch my video explaining what you need to do.
Task of the Week
This is a piece of work that you can work on throughout the week. It’s like a mini extended homework that requires a range of skills, such as research, drawing, writing and ICT.
Keep a weather diary from Monday to Friday.
For this you will need to:
- Look at the weather forecast. You could use the BBC weather web page https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather
- Three times each day write down what the weather is like. (If that is tricky, just go for one time a day.) You can get the temperature from the BBC weather web page.
- At the end of the week write about what the weather was like.
- Which was the hottest day?
- What was the temperature on the hottest or coldest day?
- What was the difference in temperature (Year 2)?
- Did it rain on any of the days?
- If you want a challenge you could compare the weather to some of the places we have looked at (The Antarctic, Sydney in Australia or Nairobi in Kenya) or a place far away where a friend or relative lives.
Task of the week message
Monday Tasks Message
Tuesday Tasks Message
Wednesday Tasks Message
Thursday Tasks Message
Friday Tasks Message