Week 2 of Summer Term
Please send me photos of your castles or any work you would like me to see to this new email firstname.lastname@example.org
Activities for this week are as follows:
- Read a book and record how much you have read in your reading record. Books are available from school so you can change your reading book if you need a new one.
- Maths quick recall – doubles, halves, multiplication and division
- Spellings. Practice the common exception words and try writing them in a sentence.
- Phonics (Year 1) This week is the ai family. Choose a different family member each day and see how many different words you can think of with that spelling. The phonics tab to the left has pictures of the phonics family plus a game or activity.
Tasks of the Day
There will be two activities to be complete every day. One will usually be maths and the other one could be English, Science, History, Geography, Art, RE or Computers. They will be put on the web site by 11am every day with my video explaining what you need to do.
Task of the Week
This is a piece of work that you can work on throughout the week. It’s like a mini extended homework that requires a range of skills, such as research, drawing, writing and ICT. This week: -
Draw a picture of a castle and label it.
For this you will need to:
- Research into what castles looked like and the different parts of a castle
- Look at the parts of the castle and castle defences on http://www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/Castles.html
- Draw your castle
- Label the parts of the castle – remember to draw a straight line
- Write a caption underneath, explaining what you have drawn
- Year 2 challenge – write a glossary, in alphabetical order, giving a meaning for all of the labels.
All work can be done in your green home school exercise books (which are in the school lobby if you haven’t collected them yet).
Friday Message and preview of next week
Task of the week